Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jesus Walks (Final Draft)

Jesus Walks

Verse 1:
E D/B
Lame children racing wheelchairs,
E A/C A
Blind men with their empty stares
Can the addict ever free his veins,
Seems tragedy is our verse, loss our refrain
Will there be a day when the Kingdom comes,
When the sightless see and the legless run?
How can heaven belong to the poor?
Why does the rich man thirst for more?

Chorus:
E
I walked these City streets,
I walked bitterness and pain
A
Put all your wounds before me,
from the dead comes life again
E
My hands are achin' beside me,
these holes you see right through
A
I'm walking here beside you,
Just change your point of view

Verse 2:
E D/B
Feel me strong and taste me sweet
E
I'm coming to the rescue,
A/C
This work I will complete

Lift your head, look around you,
at the mountains and the plains,
In the field the farmer's workin',
at the playground children play

Come within and find me,
come find what's in store
Your heart is surely aching,
But my spirit's at your door.

The harvest's seed's in the air,
watch the Kingdom come again
Watch the temple rise before you,
like that Day in Jerusalem

Bridge
Sometimes I hear
And don't believe my ears
Can it be that the day
I've been dreaming of is here?
Save me from my disbelief o God
And rescue me from my tears
If the kingdom is coming,
let it come, let it be here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Chris,

I enjoyed your lyrics! I totally feel the longing for God's Kingdom and God's invitation and longing for us to come.

I really liked the lines, "From the dead comes life again" and "These holes you see right through"

Bless you as you continue with this song!

Pat