Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Life God Wants

Cooking, teaching, singing, playing an instrument, reading a good book, listening to some lovely music - God is opening up to me the truly great things over the merely narcissistic ones. Absense of TVs, computers, and in general luxuries are opening up for me the true luxuries. God's luxuries: working hard and with integrity and love, enjoying beauty, maintaining silence and contemplation, enjoying food in the company of others, edifying talk, patient teaching - these good things arent rubbing off on me with no long-term effect. A life more than appointments and schedules, a life more than tasks and effeciency. A glimpse of the kingdom of God.

God, today help me to feel your presence in the midst of little external peace, help me to live freely in a world of many shackles and addictions, to work diligently in a place and time where work is hard and toilsome, to love others even as they fail to love us. Amen.

What can I say to you reading my blog? Pray for me.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Hello Chris Matthews! This is Brittany and Daniel. We were reading through your posts and were blessed by the wisdom that the Lord is speaking through you. It sounds like He is giving you many revelations over there!! We will be praying for you!