Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jesus Walks (first draft)

Lame children racing wheelchairs,
Blind men come and go with empty stares
Will there be a day when the Kingdom comes,
When the sightless see and the legless run?
Why God, can't the addict free his veins,
Why does the homeless man look in vain?

I walked these City streets,
I walked bitterness and pain
Put all your wounds before me,
from the dead comes life again
My hands are achin' beside me,
these holes you see right through
I'm walking here beside you,
be still I know your sorrow
Come within and find me,
come find what's in store
Don't be hesitatin',
my spirit's at your door.

Feel me strong and taste me sweet
I'm coming to the rescue,
Soul's rest and heart's retreat
Lift your head, look around you,
at the mountains and the plains,
In the field the farmer's workin',
at the playground children play
The harvest's seed's in the air,
watch the Kingdom come again
Watch the temple rise before you,
like that Day in Jerusalem

No comments: